If your sales pipeline is still shaped like a real funnel, it’s time to change. The reality is that marketing only generates about half as many leads as sales needs and fewer than half of those are actually ready to buy. It’s no longer a “sales pipeline” where sales can control all of the information, it’s a “buyer’s journey” where the buyer makes the moves. We’ll develop programs that anticipate those moves and plan for them.
Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. [Source: Gartner Research]
Today’s funnel management needs processes and tools that let sales and marketing engage targeted buyer personas with automated nurturing and managed cadences that help the buyer along the decision path.
Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. [Source: The Annuitas Group]
- Established agreed on definitions for Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQL)
- Separate qualified buyers from unqualified
- Establish criteria and stages, optimizing your sales funnel
- Identify obstructions in today’s funnel
- Track and gather metrics on engagement throughout the funnel
- Set alerts for sales to they know when their buyers are active
- Extend the funnel to Customer Success to keep renewals high